Rice Dishes in Krabi Thailand

Recommend interesting place and the special you would like to share to others
shaneyward

Rice Dishes in Krabi Thailand

ข้อมูลby shaneyward » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:03 pm

Thailand produces some of the best rice in the world. Always served plain and unsalted, it provides the perfect counter balance to the heat of many Thai dishes. When mouths start to burn, the experienced leave the water alone and reach for rice. It’s also the perfect partner to just about any Thai dish. If you’re not eating noodles, chances are good that some form of rice will be nearby.
Khao Mok Gai is a Muslim speciality consisting of roast chicken on a bed of saffron rice, mixed with ginger and lightly fried garlic. Not spicy by default, but accompanied by an optional sweet hot sauce.

Khao Mun Gai is similar, but white rice is used and the dark sauce is comprised of soybean sauce, ginger, chilies, sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce. Chicken is chicken, rice is rice, but not all sauces are created equal; a shop that does this correctly wins customers for life.

Fish is always fresh, and always goes well with a heaping spoonful of rice. Try fish in three tastes (sweet, sour, and spicy), barbecued with dips, grilled, or with garlic and ginger.

Fried rice (khao pad) is an easy fallback when you can’t decide what to eat. The Thai version of this Asian specialty uses Jasmine rice and usually contains chicken, egg, garlic, onion, and tomatoes. Not to be left out of the seasoning race, Thai fried rice makes liberal use of soy and fish sauces, salt, and sugar – with chilies, sugar, and sauces also placed on the table for a personalized touch.

GFI

Re: Rice Dishes in Krabi Thailand

ข้อมูลby GFI » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:48 pm

I love this Thai dish because I ate couple of times when I visited Thailand for my honeymoon.

andrewpeters

ข้อมูลby andrewpeters » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:32 pm

I liked the information about various rice dishes in Thailand.This forum has such various useful information.Thanks for information.

johngoldsmith

ข้อมูลby johngoldsmith » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:14 pm

Thai Food (Dishes) is one of many attractions that you should not missed-out while you are traveling in this gorgeous Land of Smiles. Since there are immeasurable delectable Thai dishes, these are few that catch my attention.

Gai Pad Met Mamuang does not symbolize the overview of Thai food but it is a very pleasant treat to your taste buds.

Por Pia Tord (Fried Spring Roll) Fried spring roll is one of the most popular appetizers for foreigners because it is not spicy and comes with sweet and sour dips.

Som Tam (Spicy Papaya Salad)Som Tam is one of the vastly popular foods among Thai people for its fiercely spicy and sour flavors.

Tom Yam Gai (Spicy Chicken Soup) Chicken soup is very superior to eat when you have a cold but Tom Yam Gai or spicy chicken soup is a luscious treat that you will fall in love with just in a first sip.
My Dearest Destinations are now achievable through - Car Hire New Zealand

justine

ข้อมูลby justine » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:48 am

Best food at Krabi what i have found can find those street stalls in front of Ao Nang Mc Donald's. From those places food price is 2-3 times cheaper than any restaurant around and 10 times better taste.

Jenie

ข้อมูลby Jenie » Thu May 17, 2012 8:02 pm

I haven't ever had such type of dishes in Krabi. Glad to know about it.
I had a great journey with Cheap Car Rental in Toronto!

Johnabbey44

ข้อมูลby Johnabbey44 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:04 pm

This coconut food is done having coconut dairy along with shredded coconut for the greatest coconut preference! In Thailand, the many major accommodations help make their particular coconut food having freshly-squeezed coconut dairy from your regional marketplace. In this article I've replicated the theory making use of coconut dairy along with shredded coconut. It has literally used me years connected with experience to have this specific recipe suitable. I know you'll think its great around many of us do.

hotellasuite

ข้อมูลby hotellasuite » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:58 pm

I never take taste of Rice Dishes in Krabi Thailand but I just search in Google image & found some delicious pics of Rice Dishes :) I wish to take taste of Rice Dishes but how can I taste ?

djames

ข้อมูลby djames » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:26 am

Usually rice is like in those territories where rice is cultivated on larger basis.But i am very surprising on a factor that in Thailand,there are more than 100 types of rice recipes are available and rice is not cultivated there on larger basis.I just want to know about the love for rice there.  
Last edited by admin on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sophie

ข้อมูลby sophie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:10 pm

The dish seems delicious. Excited to try them all out on my next trip to Thailand.
Thank you all for helping me and giving me this info :)

emmaballet20

ข้อมูลby emmaballet20 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Rice Dishes is looks very delicious & spicy. I always like to eat anything but it should be delicious & spicy like Rice Dishes in Krabi Thailand.

manyasingh

ข้อมูลby manyasingh » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Thai food is known as the king of cuisines in the region. Krabi is the places that offers low priced Thai staples, freshness, variety, semi-exotic and authenticity. Night market on Maharat Soi 10 is indeed the good place to enjoy the real Thai food.
Last edited by admin on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CamKrist

ข้อมูลby CamKrist » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Similar subject was being discussed at yahoo answers last week. I can post the link if needed.
I'm on Twitter and my essay

Return to “Recommend interesting place”